One Pot Wonders Link up is still "clicking away." Have a delicious and easy go-to recipe for a crazy family dinner? Please share! Old and new posts welcome.
2. I won an ebook from Haley at Carrots of Michaelmas!
It looks fun and family friendly with recipes for lots of different Catholic feasts. What are the chances that I can get Patrick to make Pasta Pescatore on the feast of St. Maria Goretti this July 6th? It looks sooo good. All of the recipes do, especially the cocktails! I want to make all of them.
You can get your own pdf of Haley and Daniel's Catholic cookbook for only $7.99, or buy a print copy for $21.99. Bonus for all of you gluten sensitive people, all of the recipes are gluten-free or have a gluten-free version!
3. I went to a baby shower Friday night for this mama-to-be and gave these must-haves:
|Where were these 18 years ago?|
Earth Mama Angel Baby line of baby products.
|That last ingredient is MYRRH! Have you ever seen or smelled real myrrh?|
The Angel Baby Lotion smells like oranges and vanilla and holy innocence, as does their Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash.
I am so crazy about the Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash that I bought the 34 oz. refill bottle for $39.95. Three years later, I have never washed Jill with anything else and I still have a wee bit left.
4. I also gave a pair of these hand-knit mary jane type baby booties, and I'm working on another pair. Seeing as how I am currently without a complete pair, I have no photo except this one that is copyrighted by the pattern creator Brenda Green.
|The ones I made/am making are soft pale grey with pearl buttons.|
Brenda has lots of beautiful patterns on Ravelry. I want to make all of them.
5. This happened.
|Jill says, "Peter is a high-school graduate!"|
6. Tomorrow is his 18th birthday, Selective Service and all that, kind of apropos for Memorial Day.
He wants Hobo Packs for his birthday dinner.
Hobo Packs are foil packets of food that you cook on the grill. We are going to make the kind with potatoes, green beans and andouille.
There are dozens of different recipes for hobo packs out there, and this Art of Manliness article has one for a Pineapple Upside Down Donut Cake. I want to make all of them.
7. Last week, this knucklehead forgot to link back to the 7 Quick Take hostess, Jen Fulwiler of Conversion Diary. I blame pregnancy brain. This week I remembered.
GO SEE JEN FOR MORE!