What you see here is Peter's first day of high school and his last day of high school. It would appear that he is kicking Constitutional Growth Delay all by his own self, having grown 11 inches in the last four years, and still not finished yet. He is only about a half inch shorter than Patrick at this time.
2. Patrick went digging through my Facebook page and commented on this oldie but precious:
3. You may expect more photo collages and sweet sappiness next week after he actually graduates. Lucky YOU!
4. Sometimes homeschooling means your twenty-something uncle takes you to a matinee showing of the new Disneynature film, Bears.
We love all the Disneynature films, but African Cats and Chimpanzee are our favorites. If you haven't seen them, you are missing out.
5. Come dinner time, my energy level is at it's lowest.
Our meal plans have included regular rotations of Ling Ling frozen Pot Stickers from Costco (which I will never, never tire of), frozen lasagna, and meat on a bun.
6. Last night, we had Chuckwagon for dinner.
What is Chuckwagon?
|I should have taken a picture of the food. Doh!|
Chuckwagon is an ancient Thornton family recipe. Rice, ground beef, canned tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, mustard, chili powder, onions, Red Hot if you're one of my kids, any bell peppers you have, and a sprinkle of Tony Cachere's. Sort of like sloppy joes, but with rice, and no buns.
Everybody luuuuved it, including herself, after we told her that it was "Laura and Mary food."
7. I need more One Pot Wonders like Chuckwagon and this other simple supper of Italian Sausage with Skillet Potatoes and Green Beans, because meat on a bun is getting very old.
I also need meals that I can double (or quadruple) and freeze half for post-baby days, so I am
asking begging you to link up your best and brightest ideas for easy or freezy one pot wonders, new posts or old.
Baby is due June 22nd, so Imma leave this link-up open until then. Don't have a blog? Leave a comment or send me an email.
Please. Help a sister out.