Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats was a last minute Christmas gift for Susan.
2. Sometimes, the last minute gifts turn out to be the best gifts.
3. Like this Kindle Paperwhite from Patrick, that I didn't even know I needed.
Plus, I've been downloading stuff from my public library like mad. I am an e-reader convert.
4. I haven't done much reading these last few days though, because I've been down a rabbit hole of homeschool planning.
Edmund and I are going to add some lapbook-notebooking projects this year. We are very anti-workbook and busy work here. Graphic organizers have been recommended to us over and over again as a great way for him to learn, by the professionals who diagnosed his dyslexia.
5. I'm thinking in January, in addition to mummifying a chicken for our unit study of Ancient Egypt, we'll do this free Ancient Egypt lapbook.
6. Also, this Apostles' Creed lapbook from Lapbooks for Catholics meshes well with our 5th grade Faith and Life book.
7. I am relying on my Saint of the Year, St. Francis Xavier Cabrini to guide me.
Like me, she was an immigrant to Chicago. A priest asked her to start teaching school. I'm guessing that like me, she didn't have much choice in the matter.
In her honor, I plan to eat a lot more Italian food, specifically pizza, in the coming year.
Linking up with Jen who lives in a much warmer place.