Thank you for finally showing up and putting September to rest.
2. I bought a mini e-book this week, Mama and Baby Love's Back-to-School Slow Cooker to Freezer Recipes.
What impresses me about her recipes is that they do not use processed foods like onion soup mixes or cans of cream of condensed glop.
She outlines her system here and also shares a few of her recipes for free. I think I'm going to have to adjust some of her quantities. My family of 7 eats 3 pounds of chicken breasts in one dinner, not two.
3. Confession, I haven't made any of her recipes yet.
I got sidetracked by this super easy Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo recipe and made that instead. Every single person at my table loved it. Next time, I'll throw some broccoli or snow peas in there for the last 15 minutes or so. This time, I served it over brown rice with a side salad.
4. October starts off with the Feast of the Little Flower. I'm certain you're all familiar with her quote, "After my death I will let fall a shower of roses. I will spend my Heaven doing good on earth."
During the novena to St. Therese that I was saying for my mom's birthday, which also happens to be October 1st, I got this statue in the mail. Her name is Mary of the Mystical Rose.
Mom, if you think the novena was a cheapo gift and you should get the statue too, you're wrong. Plus, I am sending you that Flylady wallet you asked for.
5. When I get canonized I will shower the earth with bacon.
6. Edmund better not change his mind about what he wants to be for Halloween, because that costume was ordered through Halloween Express, via Ebates (10% off coupon, plus 9% cash back thank you very much) and already delivered.
|He's using a sword and mace instead of the not-included scythe. He's going to be a Nazgul, aka Black Rider.|
Ebates is a super easy way to get checks in the mail and discounts on items you would already order online. Peter's school uniforms? Lands' End via eBates. Gift for my mother? eBags via Ebates.
If you sign up via my links above, I get some credit. tee hee!
7. Dwija linked to this tumblr blog of Terrible Real Estate Agent Photos. The photos are bad, but the captions are brilliant.
Page 3 (at time of post publication) has all of my favorites, including this wordless wonder.
Nearly all of the photos are "family-friendly" but there's at least one (hilarious) shocker in there. Consider yourself warned.
After you're done wiping away tears of laughter, go see what Jen has been up to this week.