Edmund's pinewood derby car became the centerpiece at our impromptu Popefeast on Wednesday evening. Three families, five bottles of wine, and the willowy duet of grilled beefs and porks.
|Three Argentinians and two Spaniards|
We made many toasts to our new Papa, always saying "Viva il Papa!" and never saying "Viva La Papa!" though I do love me some poe-tay-toe. I know I saw the perfect meme illustrating this out in the web somewhere, but I lost it.
|Grilled by my Chef|
2. Valerie wrote a very beautiful three part series on her conversion/reversion. You don't see a lot of post IVF confession stories. Actually this is the first one I've ever seen. It's totally worth your time. Here is Part One.
3. You know that sawed off figurine in the Popemobile? It's a very poorly done replica of John Paul II. His face is too long. It kind of looks like this guy.
4. Edmund and I did the Adopt a Cardinal thing. He was very excited to tell me that his adopted cardinal was Cardinal Jorge, now Pope Francis. I'm not going to correct him. He was close.
He was supposed to be praying for this Cardinal Jorge:
|Archbishop of Caracas, Venezuela|
Edmund also asked if he "got" anything because he had the winner. Chuckle.
5. Jill thinks our new pontiff, aka "my pope" is a different species altogether:
6. If you haven't checked out Cloud Hopper publishing, or you missed my quick takes last week, you are missing out on some fun children's poetry at a ridiculously low price, as well as the opportunity to help out a lovely Catholic family. Dwija loved this video, maybe you will too.
7. For everyone who has enjoyed Sherlock and/or Dr. Who:
Enjoy your HaBayMoose Pop'em Weekend and see Jen for more quick takes.