1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and then write 11 things about your life.
3. Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you have tagged them.
So, already I'm confused. At this point, am I supposed to write 11 things about my life? That's not how Cari did it, or the blogger that tagged her, so I'm going to skip that part. Plus, I wrote 7 things about my life yesterday and 7 things last Friday so that's fourteen things.
I will throw out these two little known facts.
I was briefly our high school mascot, the Rebel dog, who looked just like Pluto.
I took organ lessons at Church. I got to slip quietly up to the choir loft after school, when the church was dark and quiet and peaceful, and fill the space with organ music. Of course, lots of the time, I was filling the space with organ mistakes. Playing the organ is like playing the piano (which I also used to know how to do) but you use your feet much more, and you take your shoes off to play. I never got good enough or brave enough to play at Mass. I preferred playing in a dark Church, with only one Listener.
11 Questions from Cari
1. Throwing a party, or attending a party, which do you prefer?
Easy. Attending a party. Attendees don't have to clean up, and attendees get to go to bed whenever they choose. I strongly suspect that the Chef prefers party throwing though.
2. Scariest Animal on the Face of the Planet- what is it?
|blobfish. I once happened upon directions on how to knit one of these.|
|Still pretty scary.|
3. Best piece of advice your mom ever gave you?
Ah, there's so much to choose from there. But I have to go with:
Wear eyeliner every day or you look tired.
4. You have $500 to blow on a single clothing item/accessory. What is it?
Oooh. This is a hard one. I started to put down Burberry trench coat, but those are like $1200, so I'll go with sunglasses. I have these super awesome Maui Jim sunglasses that I got as a corporate gift on a trip with the Chef. I've had them even longer than I've known Eduardo. When they break, which they just did for the second time, I send them in to be repaired, because I cannot afford the cost of a brand new pair.
5. Habit you have that you suspect people find most annoying
Talking about myself too much, and not listening to others' talk about themselves enough. She said on her blog where she talks about herself all the time. No loss of irony here.
6. Habit other people have that you find most annoying
Saying, "Just sayin'. " after a statement. Erggh.
7. Strangest thing you ever learned on a documentary/educational show
Survivorman makes a distillery so that he can drink his own urine.
8.Website you visit most often
My Google Calendar page. Five kids, three schools, 2 baseball teams, 3 plays, one soccer team, altar serving, life. Every week I drop the ball on something. Google Cal limits the ball-dropping somewhat.
9. Movie/book/or song you profess to hate, yet secretly enjoy
Cari asked me specifically for a book. My hypocritical book love is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenberger.
That book is raunchy.
And by raunchy, I mean the original meaning of the word which is sexually explicit, not the colloquial meaning I grew up with, which is smells like rotting garbage. In my parents' home, it is not uncommon to hear things like, "The fridge smells raunchy," or "There's something raunchy in your lunchbox," or "Dad loves that raunchy cheese."
That book also uses bad language. Very bad language.
But I devoured all 518 pages of it, and cried like a baby at the end. It has always stayed with me as a great romance, in spite of the raunchiness, as well as one of the best books dealing with the complications of time travel.
10. One social media outlet you would never ever give up
I have been a Facebook person for-evah. I gave it up for Lent this year, and wouldn't you know, that's exactly how and when my
So, now I'm irritated about how much we rely on Facebook, and I use it less than ever. Facebook is the still the social media outlet I use the most, but I don't like it anymore.
Final answer: Does email count?
11. Favorite ethnic food
Mexican. I heart Mexican. Just like Cari, I like anything with a side of margaritas.
Now for my 11 Questions:
1. If you were a saint, what would you be the patron of?
2. If you weren't Catholic, what religion would you be?
3. If you could only eat one kind of animal for the rest of your life, what would it be: beef, pork, or poultry?
5. If you could only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What is the one movie that you are embarrassed to admit you've never seen?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. Who is your fantasy dinner guest? Must be a living person.
9. Who is your fantasy dinner guest living or dead? Can't pick Jesus or Mary, and can't pick the same person you picked for #8.
10. What was the best book you read or were read as a child?
11. If you had to emigrate to another country, I don't know, you're a fugitive from the law or something, what country do you go to?
And my victims. Anne of The Bazin Chronicles because she doesn't blog enough, Mary Kate of Why Yes, I AM Crazy. Thank you for asking because she has a brand new baby, so I'm sure she has nothing better to do, The Happy Mother because she's pregnant and needs distractions, and Charlotte at Waltzing Matilda because she's just like me: we both went to UD, married UD grads, both have five kids, both like Downton Abbey.
May the Games be ever in your favor. Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha.